October 24 & 25 | Bloomington, Illinois
Register by August 16 for the early bird rate!
Join us at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Bloomington, IL for a dynamic conference that brings together individuals and organizations that care about expanding and protecting affordable housing and ending homelessness in Illinois. Together, we build expertise, experience, and the capacity to make our communities better.
We have a limited number of rooms at the DoubleTree available for the discounted block rate of $116 plus taxes. Make your reservation online here or call and let the staff know that you’re participating in the conference.
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors
Midland States Bank
Applegate & Thorne-Thomsen
Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago
Interested in supporting the conference?
* NOTE: All sessions are still subject to change.
- Opening Plenary: Segregated in the Heartland – Hear from Governing magazine reporters Brian Charles and Dan Vock about their six-month investigation of segregation in small Illinois cities
- Annual Membership Meeting & Hot Topics
- Thursday Afternoon Keynote – Governor JB Pritzker (invited)
- Closing Plenary
Public Policy Advocacy
- Responding to Segregation in the Heartland – Action-oriented panel discussion
- A Fair Chance at Housing – Recent efforts and successes to expand housing opportunities for people with conviction and arrest records
- Toolkit for Local Affordable Housing Advocacy – How to start a local movement for affordable housing
- Bold Federal Housing Proposals – Understanding and assessing federal proposals and plans
- Helping Schools House Families – Learn about an Illinois law allowing schools to help families stay in a home
- Local Government and Nonprofit Partnerships – Peoria case study on an emergency housing program
- Forging New Partnerships: Housing and Healthcare – Concrete examples of initiatives around the state
- Working with a “By Name” List to End Homelessness – Learnings from success in Lake County
Affordable Housing Development
- Is This Deal a Go or No Go? – Determining the costs, advantages, and risks of potential housing projects
- Preserving Rental Housing in Rural Illinois – The future of housing for rural populations across Illinois
- Innovations to Lower the Cost of Construction – Case studies of replicable starter home designs
- Opportunity Zones – How to take advantage of this new community investment tool
- Understanding the True Cost of Housing Counseling – Learn how to calculate the actual costs of your program
- Updates from HUD & IHDA – Learn about federal and state programs that could help your organization
- Creating Strong Landlord & Tenant Relationships – Hear about educational and incentive programs
- Program Implementation: Putting New Skills & Ideas to Work – Discuss different ways to expand or upgrade your services after acquiring a new skill or idea
* NOTE: Schedule subject to change.
Thursday, October 24
- Registration & Coffee: 8:30 am – 10:00 am
- Opening Plenary Session: 10:00 am – 11:15 am
- Annual Membership Meeting & Luncheon: 11:30 – 12:45 pm
- Workshop I: 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm
- Workshop II: 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm
- Afternoon Plenary Session: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Reception: 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Friday, October 25
- Registration & Coffee: 8:00 am – 9:00 am
- Workshop III: 9:00 am – 10:15 am
- Workshop IV: 10:30 am – 11:45 am
- Closing Plenary & Box Lunch: 12:00 pm – 1:45 pm