Become a Member
Join our movement to create good, affordable homes for everyone in Illinois.
Many voices are stronger than one. Membership with Housing Action Illinois means joining a network of more than 150 organizations—all united in our mission to advance quality, affordable housing for all.
By joining our coalition, you strengthen our collective voice to advocate for the policies we need to make sure that everyone in Illinois has a good, affordable place to call home.
Membership benefits extend to all staff and volunteers at your organization. As a Housing Action Illinois member, you’ll access the power of our coalition. This means getting updates about issues that directly affect your agency, having the chance to advocate for critical policy priorities, and participating in networking opportunities with your peers from across Illinois. You’ll also have access to our trainings, capacity building initiatives, and network of resources to help you better serve individuals and families in your community.
Working with David Young (Housing Action’s Director of Capacity Building) over the past year was worth the membership alone. Housing Action’s capacity building services have been a tremendous resource in building up an organization from scratch.
- Significant discounts for training sessions and our annual Housing Matters conference
- Access to valuable capacity building initiatives and resources, such as eligibility to host an AmeriCorps VISTA Member
- The opportunity for one-on-one guidance from our housing counseling experts, who can help you prepare for a HUD review, give advice on expanding programs, or navigate challenges
- Updates on key issues related to ending homelessness and expanding affordable housing
- The chance to shape and advocate for critical policy priorities at local, state, and federal levels
- Amplify your organization’s voice through collaborative advocacy opportunities with key decision makers and media referrals
- Eligibility to share jobs and events in our monthly newsletter
- Networking opportunities with peers across the state
- Strengthen and support the movement to expand affordable housing and end homelessness in Illinois
Nonprofit Organizational Membership
Based on annual budget:
- $50 (budget under $50,000)
- $75 (budget $50,000 to $99,999)
- $125 (budget $100,000 to $249,999)
- $225 (budget $250,000 to $1 million)
- $300 (budget over $1 million)
For-Profit Organizational Membership
Latest Member Spotlights
Note: This spotlight discusses domestic violence at large as well as its relationship to COVID-19. When Apna Ghar first started more than 30 years ago, the organization staffed a 24/7 crisis line and operated emergency shelter for women and children. They have grown...
After earning her bachelor’s degree in Political Science from University of Illinois, Krista Weller wanted to continue the work she had started as an intern for Illinois Network of Centers for Independent Living (INCIL). INCIL is a statewide non-profit that uses a...
When Wanda met Michael, he was staying at the Pacific Garden Mission shelter. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic meant he was doing an apartment search virtually, which was a challenge compounded by his disability. He wasn’t sure if he could trust that photos would line up...