Become a Member
Join our movement to create good, affordable homes for everyone in Illinois.
Many voices are stronger than one. Membership with Housing Action Illinois means joining a network of more than 150 organizations—all united in our mission to advance quality, affordable housing for all.
By joining our coalition, you strengthen our collective voice to advocate for the policies we need to make sure that everyone in Illinois has a good, affordable place to call home.
Membership benefits extend to all staff and volunteers at your organization. As a Housing Action Illinois member, you’ll access the power of our coalition. This means getting updates about issues that directly affect your agency, having the chance to advocate for critical policy priorities, and participating in networking opportunities with your peers from across Illinois. You’ll also have access to our trainings, capacity building initiatives, and network of resources to help you better serve individuals and families in your community.
Working with David Young (Housing Action’s Director of Capacity Building) over the past year was worth the membership alone. Housing Action’s capacity building services have been a tremendous resource in building up an organization from scratch.
- Significant discounts for training sessions and our annual Housing Matters conference
- Access to valuable capacity building initiatives and resources, such as eligibility to host an AmeriCorps VISTA Member or participate in the Community Revitalization Challenge
- The opportunity for one-on-one guidance from our housing counseling experts, who can help you prepare for a HUD review, give advice on expanding programs, or navigate challenges
- Eligibility to share jobs and events in our monthly newsletter
- Updates on key issues related to ending homelessness and expanding affordable housing
- The chance to shape and advocate for critical policy priorities
- Networking opportunities with peers across the state
- Strengthen and support the movement to expand affordable housing and end homelessness in Illinois
Membership dues are based on organization type and annual operating budget. You can pay dues online using the form below or by mailing a check to: Housing Action Illinois, 67 E. Madison St., Ste. 1603, Chicago, IL 60603.
Nonprofit Organizational Membership
Based on annual budget:
- $50 (budget under $50,000)
- $75 (budget $50,000 to $99,999)
- $125 (budget $100,000 to $249,999)
- $225 (budget $250,000 to $1 million)
- $300 (budget over $1 million)
For-Profit Organizational Membership
Latest Member Spotlights
When Phoenix Community Development Services (CDS) was founded in Peoria nearly 40 years ago, their goal was to distribute food to those in need and provide referrals to other resources. Since then (when they were known as South Side Office of Concern), they have...
Being Part of the Solution: Serving as an AmeriCorps Member with Northwest Side Community Development Corporation
When COVID-19 first arrived in the United States, Fabian Cisneros was a part of the Student Conservation Association, serving in the Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Although he was able to continue his work, the sudden changes to the nation’s day-to-day...
Note: This spotlight discusses domestic violence at large as well as its relationship to COVID-19. When Apna Ghar first started more than 30 years ago, the organization staffed a 24/7 crisis line and operated emergency shelter for women and children. They have grown...