Become a Member
Join our movement to create good, affordable homes for everyone in Illinois.
Many voices are stronger than one. Membership with Housing Action Illinois means joining a network of more than 170 organizations—all united in our mission to advance quality, affordable housing for all.
By joining our coalition, you strengthen our collective voice to advocate for the policies we need to make sure that everyone in Illinois has a good, affordable place to call home.
Membership benefits extend to all staff and volunteers at your organization. As a Housing Action Illinois member, you’ll access the power of our coalition. This means getting updates about issues that directly affect your agency, having the chance to advocate for critical policy priorities, and participating in networking opportunities with your peers from across Illinois. You’ll also have access to our trainings, capacity building initiatives, and network of resources to help you better serve individuals and families in your community.
Working with David Young (Housing Action’s Director of Capacity Building) over the past year was worth the membership alone. Housing Action’s capacity building services have been a tremendous resource in building up an organization from scratch.
- Significant discounts for training sessions and our annual Housing Matters Conference, coming up this October in Bloomington, IL
- Access to valuable capacity building initiatives and resources, such as eligibility to host an AmeriCorps VISTA Member
- The opportunity for one-on-one guidance from our housing counseling experts, who can help you prepare for a HUD review, give advice on expanding programs, or navigate challenges
- Updates on key issues related to ending homelessness and expanding affordable housing
- The chance to shape and advocate for critical policy priorities at local, state, and federal levels
- Amplify your organization’s voice through collaborative advocacy opportunities with key decision makers and media referrals
- Eligibility to share jobs and events in our bi-monthly newsletter
- Networking opportunities with peers across the state
- Strengthen and support the movement to expand affordable housing and end homelessness in Illinois
The Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union has been a member of Housing Action since its creation. Housing Action is our only vehicle for staying connected with activity in the legislature that will improve or diminish tenants’ rights…the people we serve greatly benefit from the legislative advocacy work done by Housing Action.
Nonprofit Organizational Membership
Based on annual budget:
- $50 (budget under $50,000)
- $75 (budget $50,000 to $99,999)
- $125 (budget $100,000 to $249,999)
- $225 (budget $250,000 to $1 million)
- $300 (budget over $1 million)
For-Profit Organizational Membership
Have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are primarily a coalition of organizations. If you’re interested in joining us as an individual, please reach out to email@example.com to let us know.
Note: Housing Action Illinois reserves the right to accept and decline new members according to the standards in our bylaws.
“Housing Action provided the lifeline that we all needed to make it through the first few years following the collapse of the housing market.”
Latest Member Spotlights
Léelo en español: Educando a dueños de casa e arrendadores en español en Erie Neighborhood HouseMonica is a housing counselor at Erie Neighborhood House, where she is dedicated to providing services to Spanish-speaking clients. Monica began working at Erie...
“Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark.”― Pierce Brown, Golden Son Before serving as an AmeriCorps member with Housing Action Illinois, I served as an AmeriCorps member for a year as a Literacy Tutor in the Las Vegas School...
When asked what brought her to the housing counseling industry in the first place, Cora describes losing a friend and realizing she needed to make a change in her own life. She left her job at a financial institution working in collections and started working at a...