- This event has passed.
Opening the Door – How Evictions Impact Chicago Renters & Neighborhoods
May 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join Lawyers’ Committee for Better Housing (LCBH) and their community partners in announcing the release of LCBH’s latest policy report: Opening the Door. Our report analyzes 170,000 eviction filings in Chicago from 2010 through 2017 and finds troubling disparities in the number and distribution of evictions.
Welcome — George N. Miller, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer for The Loretto Hospital
Presentation of data portal & report — Mark Swartz, Executive Director, LCBH
Response Panel — Guests include:
- Moderator: Deborah E. Bennett, Senior Program Officer, Polk Bros. Foundation
- Peter Rosenblatt, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Sociology, Loyola University Chicago
- Anthony Simpkins, Managing Deputy Commissioner, Housing Bureau, Chicago Department of Planning and Development
- Taft West, Vice President, Chicago Community Loan Fund
- Frank Avellone, Senior Attorney and Policy Director, LCBH
Audience Q & A
Austin Town Hall is steps from the CTA Green Line’s Central stop. Coffee and refreshments will be provided.
This event is free and open to the public. Pre-registration is required and space is limited. RSVP today!