Job Summary: The Program Coordinator is one of a team of staff members tasked with implementing Housing Action’s capacity building services. Specific activities include: providing direct programmatic assistance to members, partners, and technical assistance clients; conducting workshops and webinars; researching and disseminating housing counseling updates and best practices; developing policy; and assisting Intermediary Affiliates with program compliance.
About Housing Action Illinois
Housing Action Illinois is a statewide coalition of more than 160 organizations dedicated to protecting and expanding the availability of quality affordable housing throughout. We believe that housing is a human right and envision an Illinois in which everyone has a good, stable home. We work toward this by advocating for laws and policies that help renters and homeowners; building the capacity and expanding the resources of our member organizations through training and technical assistance (TA); and educating and organizing the public and agencies throughout Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and organize all activities as required for the full implementation of program goals and objectives;
- Ensure that program activities are consistent with the program objectives and that objectives can be met with available resources;
- Ensure the program meets targets, budgets, and timelines, with appropriate reporting and evaluation;
- Develop, complete and finalize all program deliverables according to the timeline established in coordination with Program Coordination team and the Director of Training and TA;
- Communicate with members and other stakeholders to gain industry support for all of Housing Action’s programs and to solicit input to improve the programs;
- Develop, implement and evaluate recruitment strategies to expand the number of members utilizing Housing Action services;
- Fulfill all other duties as assigned by the Director of TA or Executive Director.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify direct programmatic assistance opportunities with nonprofit agencies around the state. Write and submit work plans to Director of TA and carry out the programmatic assistance as defined in the work plans;
- Staff the Illinois Housing Counseling Coalition: schedule quarterly and committee meetings, increase organizational participation, and assist the Coalition with meeting its objectives;
- Plan and coordinate trainings for housing counseling agencies throughout the state;
- Work with the Director of TA to identify appropriate topics and trainers, develop curriculum and conduct trainings as appropriate;
- Secure contracts, coordinate logistics, and provide on-site support; and market workshops through website, newsletters and email.
- Coordinate and staff new initiatives;
- Research best practices in housing counseling for possible training topics or other initiatives that would be of value to members and partners;
- Work in cooperation with other staff to plan and coordinate workshops for the Annual Meeting and/or Annual Conference.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- At least three years experience with a non-profit, community-based organization providing housing counseling services.
- Strong problem solving and group leadership skills; ability to interact with people of all ages and cultural backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Detail- and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound computer skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
- Travel around the state and occasionally out-of-state mandatory; must have valid driver’s license.
- Previous consulting experience a plus.
Salary: Competitive, DOE. Benefits: A competitive package of benefits including health insurance and 403(b) retirement plan; generous vacation and health leave policy plus ten paid holidays.
Deadline to Apply: September 15, 2017 (we will be reviewing and responding to resumes on a rolling basis).
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, and three references via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Coordinator” in the subject line, or via U.S. Mail to Program Coordinator Search, Housing Action Illinois, 11 East Adams, Suite 1601, Chicago, IL 60603. No calls please.
Candidates invited for interviews will also be asked to complete a short writing assignment and indicate their desired salary range and available start date.
Housing Action Illinois is an equal opportunity employer.